Region 8 Fall Conference
Prague, Czech Republic
Thursday, November 14 - Sunday, November 17, 2019
The 2019 Region 8 Fall Conference is hosted by, and will be held at, the University of Economics and Management (VSEM).
· Keynote speakers: Bohumil Kartous, Ph.D., Head of Communications and Analyst of EDUin; Jaroslav Pašmik, MBA, leader in sustainable education and Head of the Centre of Sustainability Management & researcher and many others!
· Accreditation workshops
· Presentations on student-centered teaching-learning
· Presentations and workshops from business education professionals
· Conference held in Prague - one of Europe’s architectural gems, with styles ranging from Gothic through Renaissance and Baroque to Art Nouveau - UNESCO World Heritage
· Cesim business simulation challenge for students
· Gala Dinner at the Art-deco restaurant in Prague historic town center
· Sightseeing tour of Prague (sightseeing with guide) or Pilsen (including beer tasting at Pilsner Urquell Brewery)
Preliminary Conference Schedule
2019 Call for Presentations - Deadline: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Hotel #1 Information - Hilton Prague Old Town is offering the ACBSP conference block single rooms at EUR 135 (CZK 3,500)/night and double rooms at EUR 150 (CZK 3,900)/night, both including VAT and breakfast. The dates of this room block are November 14 - 17, 2019.
Hotel #1 Reservations - Click here to make a reservation or call +420 221 822 100. The deadline for room reservations at group rate is up to a booked capacity of rooms (30 rooms - another offer will be available after that).
Hotel #2 Information - K+K Hotel Central is offering the ACBSP conference block hotel rooms for EUR 110 (10% off regular rate). The dates of this room block are November 13 - 17, 2019.
Hotel #2 Reservations - Click here to make a reservation or call +420 225 022 000. The deadline for room reservations at group rate is Tuesday, October 1.
Register for the 2019 Region 8 Fall Conference here!
About Region 8
The International Council of Business Schools and Programs is a regional division of ACBSP. Areas within Region 8 are generally those outside of the U.S. and Canada, along with those not belonging to another region. At this time, the following areas are roughly within Region 8:
Need the logo for your region? Visit our Logos & Guidelines page to download it.
International School of Management-Paris
Phone: +33 (0)1 45 51 09 09
University of Economics and Management, Czech Republic
Phone: +42 (0)7 74 55 08 24
International School of Management, Paris
Phone: +331 45 51 09 09
EU Business School
Phone: +34 93 201 81 71
|Immediate Past Chair
||Dr. Anass (Alex) Lahlou
American University of Leadership, Morocco
Phone: +212 676 68 03 54
The International Council of Business Schools and Programs annually publishes its Conference Proceedings consisting of papers and presentations from each of its conferences. The first year for publication of the Conference proceedings was 2009.
- 2018 International Conference, November 15 – 17, 2018, Paris, France. The theme of this International Conference was “The Art of Developing Entrepreneurial Leaders.” The 621-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2017 International Conference, November 1 – 4, 2017, Marrakesh, Morocco. The theme of this International Conference was “Transforming Student Success through Recruitment, Retention, and Reentry.” The 260-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2016 International Conference, November 23 – 27, 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The theme of this International Conference was “Preparing Students for Career Success.” The 259-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2015 International Conference, November 25 – 28, 2015, Barcelona, Spain. The theme of this International Conference was “Creating New Knowledge in the Classroom.” The 114-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2014 International Conference, November 27 – 30, 2014, Athens, Greece. The theme of this International Conference was “Partnering with Business for Student Success.” The 132-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2013 International Conference, November 27 – December 1, 2013, Brussels, Belgium. The theme of the inaugural International Conference was “Engaged Learning in the Digital Age.” The 110-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2012 Annual Conference, November 21-24, Geneva, Switzerland. The theme of the Conference was "Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability in the Classroom.” The 700-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2011 Annual Conference, November 24-27, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The theme of the Conference was "Sustaining Excellence Through Quality Business Education.” The 521-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2010 Annual Conference, November 25-28, Vienna, Austria. The theme of the Conference was "Managing Effectively in the New Fiscal Reality.” The 680-page proceedings is available for download.
- 2009 Annual Conference, November 26-29, Paris, France. The theme of the Conference was "Recognizing Excellence in Business Education.” The 619-page proceedings is available for download.