Accreditation Governance Board Established
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Posted by: Melinda Dorning
Accreditation Governance Board Established to Ensure ACBSP Maintains Effective Processes While Continuing to Provide Quality Specialized Business Accreditation
OVERLAND PARK, KS, USA (October 22, 2014) The Accreditation Governance Board will better position ACBSP to successfully meet the ever-changing accreditation demands required to provide the high-quality, CHEA-recognized accreditation the association has offered since 1988. ACBSP, www.acbsp.org, is the only global accrediting body to accredit business, accounting, and business-related programs at all degree levels.
“Among the responsibilities of this new Board is to create a mechanism to review and address emerging accreditation matters, said Dr. Peter S. Horn, Board Chair. “Establishing this Board will also facilitate continuous improvement of academic quality as the Council continues to grow globally,” Horn explained.
ACBSP was first recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as a specialized accreditation agency for business education in 2001. CHEA granted this recognition again in 2011 with a new scope that reads: ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degree levels worldwide.
The following business educators and industry leaders were appointed to serve the 2014-15 ACBSP Accreditation Governance Board, with terms effective through June 30, 2015:
2014-15 Accreditation Governance Board
• Peter Horn —Institute of Finance and Economics (Mongolia) — Chair
• Betsy Davis, Florida State College at Jacksonville (United States) — Chair-Elect
• Tim Anderson — Chadron State University (United States) — Member
• Janice Stoudemire — Palmetto Academic Consulting Services, Inc. (United States) — Member
• Bruce Stetar — Southern New Hampshire University (United States) — Member
• Von Plessner — Northwest State Community College (United States) — Member
• Steve Parscale — ACBSP Director of Accreditation/CAO — Ex-Officio Member
• Anthony Negbenebor — Gardner-Webb University (United States) — Observer
ACBSP’s mission is to promote continuous improvement and recognize excellence in the accreditation of business education programs around the world. ACBSP currently has 1,315 member campuses, 211 of which are located outside of the U.S. Of those campuses, 997 have achieved accreditation and more than 226 are in candidacy for accreditation. Individual members on these campuses now exceed 11,000. FAQs / Accreditation FAQs
Contact: Melinda Dorning — 913-339-9356 — email@example.com